First of all: Yes, our flat-roof mounting system VarioTwin 4.0 is lightning-proof!
Per specifications of the producers, all carrier systems and module frames have to be grounded. Our carrier systems are made of the plastic material HDPE which is non-conductive.
The most common way of lightning protection is the installation of a looped cable. Yet, this solution means time and effort.
In line with our guiding principle “The easy way” we developed a simple grounding system. All you need to do is to insert a grounding plate between the solar module and the integrated module clamps of the VarioTwin 4.0. Afterwards, the solar module is grounded and can be connected to the existing lightning protection.
You have more questions? Please, get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +49 5971 8040526.
Enclosed you find the frequently asked question
- Is the plastic material HDPE conductive? No, HDPE is non-conductive.
- Does the VarioTwin 4.0 meet the specifications of the module producers? Yet, it does.
- How does the grounding system of Solardirekt work? You only have to insert a grounding plate between the solar module and the integrated clamps of the carrier system.
- May the system be integrated into the existing lightning-protection? Yes.
- What are the advantages of the Solardirekt solution compared to other methods, such as the lopped cable system?
- Our system is much cheaper and easy and quick to handle.
#lightningprotectionforsolarmodules #lightningprotectionTheEasyWay #grounding #equipotentialbounding