- Is it possible to lay the cables in both directions?
It is possible to lay the cables in both directions, whether for a south-facing or an east-west-facing system, without any problems.
- Is the VARIOTWIN 4.0 capable of carrying lightning current? Even when mounted on a flat roof?
The VARIOTWIN 4.0 is made of HDPE (plastic), and is thus not electrically conducting.
- Is the VARIOTWIN 4.0 compatible with all types of roofing?
The material is compatible with nearly all types of roofing and does not contain plasticizers.
- How is ballast applied to the VARIOTWIN 4.0? How heavy does the ballast have to be?
It depends on the location of the system.
- How long does it take to install the VARIOTWIN 4.0?
VARIOTWIN 4.0 is the fastest and easiest flat-roof mounting system in the world. It takes less than 2 minutes to install 1 kWp. No special tools are needed for the installation.
- Is the VARIOTWIN weather-proof?
The material HDPE (high density polyethylen) is highly resistant to acid, alkaline solutions, and other chemicals. In addition, HDPE is extremely stable and hard-wearing.
- Is there a guarantee for the VARIOTWIN 4.0? And if so, for how long?
We offer a 10-year guarantee.
- What solar panels are suitable for the system?
VARIOTWIN 4.0 facing south or east-west is suitable for all commercially standard solar panels with a width of up to 998 mm and a frame thickness of 48 mm.
- Is there a stability check for the VARIOTWIN 4.0? If so, how is it calculated?
The stability check is calculated by an independent engineering office according to DIN 1055-4 (wind loads) and DIN 1055-5 (snow loads) in their currently valid versions.
- What can the maximum slope of a roof be where the VARIOTWIN 4.0 system is installed?
The slope can be up to 5°.
- What is the angle of the VARIOTWIN 4.0 facing south or east-west?
- Is it possible to dismantel individual solar panels at any time?
It is possible to dismantel the system at any time and with little effort.